Thursday, December 29, 2011

Just finished playing this, my thoughts:

It's just great. In places it reminded me of how Dan Simmons used Yeats in Hyperion, which is a good thing in my book. The amount of research that went into this game is super impressive, although I can't help but feel that the consultant / source of inspiration was a bit on the geeky side :lol: I also enjoyed the art direction and all the little touches, one thing that really worked well was the way the protagonist "communicates" with other characters (leaves just enough space for projections). The length was also just about right and I liked that there is a nice conclusive ending.

Things I thought weren't so well done:
The "blinded" animation was nice but it halved the framerate on my computer, as did some other interface elements (starting Dictionary for example). The communication aspect was not really clear at all times, for example I was watching somebody else playing this and she got stuck at the exactly same place I did - maybe I just hang out with friends that are as stupid as I am ;) The thing that I disliked the most was purely personal (*Emilia is like from some Hollywood movie) so probably not worth discussing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment